In this upcoming 8 part series, Chief Luisah Teish takes us on a journey to find, redefine or refine our purpose - why we came here, at this time, in this body.
Chief Teish covers:
- A Yoruba matriarchal approach on purpose as related to balance, clarity and justice
- An indigenous perspectives on the relationship between natural elements, ashe and purpose
- The importance of fire and water in the recovery of purpose
- The gifts and challenges of ancestral inheritances and the trauma of collective, cultural woundings -- how to embrace the gifts, release the trauma and tend to the wounds
- A critique and reframing of ‘New Age’ approaches to oppression, personal power, and responsibility
- The difference between what we know as the "power of attraction" and co-creation
- A model of cultural exchange that moves beyond cultural appropriation
Chief Teish offers:
- Visualizations that deepen our relationships to our natural and ancestral environments
- Exercises for personal and cultural excavation, introspection and self-assessment
- Rituals for cleansing, protecting and fortifying ourselves and our purposes
You already know what your purpose is?
You are probably right.
To a certain extent, we all know the general essence of our life purpose. Though just like anything, that knowing will always continue to deepen, sharpen. No matter who you are, how old you are or how close you feel to your life purpose, this 8 part series is an opportunity to re-energize, refine or even redefine the role you are meant to play. Chief Teish believes that your relationship to your purpose, like any relationship, requires constant and continued care.